South Africa is a great place to visit for a relaxing holiday!
Why not try and combine a “Beach & Bush” holiday to enjoy a truly relaxing vacation.
When people think of South Africa, they generally think of Cape Town and the Kruger National Park. They tend to forget about South Africa’s sub tropical gem… KwaZulu Natal.
We feel that this is the perfect destination to offer a wonderfully relaxing “Beach and Bush” experience. With so much to do and explore, you will never be bored!
The Natal North Coast has a wealth of activities to enjoy, from simply relaxing on white sandy beaches and soaking up the golden sun rays to being as actives as you want with golf, micro lighting and fishing top of the list!
Highlights in the area include:
- Enjoy a boat ride along the coast and get close up to the bottle-nose dolphins
- Enjoy a microlight ride for the adventurous with breathtaking views
- Visit the only organisation of its kind in the world – The Natal Sharks Board. Observe a shark dissection, see an audio-visual presentation and learn about the sensory biology of sharks and their role as top predators in the marine food chain. For the more adventurous, join the inspection crew for their eary morning tour of the nets off the beaches in Durban.
- Explore the Hluhluwe Imfolozi National Park and spot the Big Five on a game drive!
- Visit the Greater St Lucia Wetlands area and Spot hippos, crocodiles and fish eagles as you cruise the lake at this World Heritage Site
- Visit one of the many Zulu cultural villages offering an unforgettable insight into traditional customs, ancient lore and legend and the sangoma (witchdoctor). Be entertained by the tribal dancing and learn about the beer ceremony.
- At uShaka Sea World you come face-to-face with the ocean’s most amazing creatures.
- Croc Valley Nature Reserve – Get back to nature as you meander through the coastal swamp forest
Then continue onto an exciting Bush experience.
The KwaZulu Natal north coast has a wealth of game viewing opportunities and fantastic scenery to explore with lots of history and culture around. The Hluhluwe-Imfolozi National park is one of the oldest game reserves in South Africa and is home to the “Big Five” including the elusive White Rhino.
The Greater St Lucia Wetlands Park or the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park as it is now called is a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its immense beauty and incredible natural wildlife biospheres.
Activities in the area include
- Lake St Lucia – boat trips, water activities
- Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve – day trips and game excursions
- Outdoor activities – hiking, walking, kayaking, horse riding and quad biking
- Cheetah and Serval project – see big cats close up and learn about the conservation efforts to protect these beautiful animals
- Visit a Zulu Cultural Village and learn more about these fascinating people and their history
See “wild” Africa at its best and come home feeling truly rejuvenated – what a great holiday!